Glass Particles in Smirnoff Ice Bottles
A voluntary recall was issued on September 4, 2015, for a variety of Smirnoff Ice products due to possible glass particles contamination in the flavored vodka drink bottles. Notice of this is now posted in Ontario, BC, and other Provincial Liquor stores. We are trying to assist in getting out the message to avoid drinking these products. They can be returned to the liquor store for a refund.
Smirnoff’s parent company, Diageo Canada, announced that there were quality issues that could potentially cause pieces of glass to break off inside bottles purchased on or after July 24, 2015. It stated that the defective bottles were supplied from a third-party glass manufacturer in Canada.
The voluntary recall affected 330 ml bottles both individually sold and bundled in packs of four and twelve.
The products recalled are listed by brand description (lot codes):
- Smirnoff Ice 4 x 330 mL (L5207 & L5208 & L5236 & L5237)
- Smirnoff Ice 12 x 330 mL (L5210 & L5236 & L5237)
- Smirnoff Ice 24 x 330 mL (L5209 & L5210 & L5233)
- Smirnoff Ice Lite 4 x 330 mL (L5207 & L5233 & L5234)
- Smirnoff Ice Cranberry Lime 4 x 330 mL (L5205 & L5206 & L5232 & L5233)
- Smirnoff Ice Raspberry 4 x 330 mL (L5205 & L5232)
- Smirnoff Ice Green Apple 4 x 330 mL (L5205 & L5232)
- Smirnoff Ice Peach Bellini 4 x 330 mL (L5204 & L5231)
- Smirnoff Ice Watermelon Mimosa 4 x 330 mL (L5206 & L5233)
- Smirnoff Ice Variety Pack 12 x 330 mL (L5137 & L5139 & L5203 & L5231)
There are no injuries or health concerns reported yet reported with the consumption of these products.
Potential risks from glass particles contamination include:
- Impairment of microcirculation
- Blockages of blood vessels
- Damage to various organs
If you have been injured by a faulty glass bottle contact Miskin Law Office to make a claim after seeking medical attention. Please retain any bottle associated with your injury.
If you have this product and have not been injured return it to where it was purchased for a refund.