Your Trusted Personal Injury Law Firm in Peterborough, Lindsay & Whitby
Since opening its first office in Whitby in 1988, Miskin Law has been your personal injury law firm in Whitby, Lindsay, and Peterborough. We have been helping clients from all over Canada and especially Ontario, to file claims, fight for compensation and settle the claims or take them to trial. We are experienced in all different types of personal injury cases and we also work on class action cases involving prescription drugs and hazardous products. Our team understands your loss and suffering, and we are willing to work tirelessly to resolve your case. Our ultimate goal is to get your case resolved in your favor quickly with a fair settlement.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Car accidents are all too common and can result in catastrophic injuries. If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident, talk to us about making an Accident Benefits claim and tort claim.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are more likely to be severely injured in an accident. We have worked with many motorcycle accident victims to help get them on the road to recovery.
- Bicycle Accidents: Our firm also helps injured cyclists understand the different rules and laws that apply to their cases.
- Boating Accidents: Canada is home to 60% of the world’s lakes. Unfortunately, this also means boat accidents are commonplace. Miskin Law, which is based in cottage country, has handled many of these cases. Allow us to represent you after a boating accident caused by another’s negligence.
- Slip & Falls: Slip and falls are among the leading causes of personal injury. Consult with a member of our team and let us know the details of your accident. You may have a case for compensation.
- Dog Bites & Attacks: Dog owners are responsible for keeping their pets under control. If you’ve been bitten or attacked by a dog, you may have a claim.
- Nursing Home Negligence & Abuse: If you have a loved one who can no longer live independently, long term care facilities are often the only solution. Unfortunately, the treatment received at these homes can make matters worse. Talk to our team about filing a claim involving nursing home negligence.
- Defective Products: Manufacturers are responsible for making sure their products are safe for consumer use. If you’ve been hurt because of a dangerous product, we may be able to help.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries result in devastating impacts on victims’ lives. Because these injuries are so severe and costly, it’s crucial that you get the right legal help. Trust Miskin Law if your loved one’s spinal cord injury occurred because of another’s negligence.
- Fatal Accidents: Wrongful death cases result not only in emotional trauma and grief but can cause devastating financial loss. Our team is here to help family members guide them through a fatal accident claim with compassion and integrity.
If you have been injured in a car accident we can help you receive the compensation you deserve. Our team of personal injury lawyers is dedicated to getting you back on your feet, financially and medically. Even though safety in cars has dramatically increased over the years, there is still an increasing number of car accidents occurring on the roads each year. We can meet you at any location, either at your home, hospital, or one of our offices in Peterborough, Lindsay, or Whitby. If you were in an auto accident you are required to make a claim for accident benefits within seven days from the date of the accident. Our experienced personal injury lawyers can help you file a claim.
Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
Brain and Spinal Cord injuries due to an accident can be severe and life-changing. Brain injuries can be subtle and hard to diagnose. They take time to heal and often leave a permanent effect, which can impact the day-to-day life of the victim. Miskin Law’s team of personal injury lawyers in Peterborough, Lindsay & Whitby can assist you and fight for you.
You Could Be Entitled to Compensation
What kinds of losses or damages are you entitled to claim for if you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence? In Ontario, losses or damages are typically classified as either pecuniary or non-pecuniary. Pecuniary damages encompass the quantifiable costs of an injury, such as loss of income, while non-pecuniary damages are losses for pain and suffering. Our team can help you sue for these common types of damages:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Loss of housekeeping capacity
- Loss of consortium
Don’t Take on a Personal Injury Claim Alone
Navigating the Canadian legal system is complex, and even more difficult if you’re suffering an injury. Our personal injury lawyers are here to help provide you with the support and guidance you need at a time when you need it most. We have decades of expertise to help you expertly maneuver the intricacies of personal injury law. Consult with us today.
223 Kent St W, Lindsay, ON K9V 2Z1, Canada
351 Charlotte St, Peterborough, ON K9J 2W1, Canada
223 Brock St N, Whitby, ON L1N 4H6, Canada