Helping Canadians Secure Compensation for Injuries in Peterborough, Lindsay & Whitby
Since opening its first office in Whitby in 1988, Miskin Law has been your personal injury law firm in Whitby, Lindsay, and Peterborough. We have been helping clients from all over Canada and especially Ontario, to file claims, fight for compensation and settle the claims or take them to trial. If you’re seeking a personal injury lawyer, it means that either you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident at no fault of their own. Not only is this time difficult physically, but it can also be challenging mentally. Thankfully, Miskin Law is here to help you file a solid claim and provide exceptional legal representation in court. We serve clients in Peterborough, Ontario, and beyond, specializing in personal injury, asbestos exposure, class actions, and estate planning. Our personal injury lawyers have a wealth of experience and a strong track record of successful settlements. See what our team has to offer.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Personal injury is a very broad category that applies to all kinds of incidents. From car accidents to a fall at a local restaurant, any injury caused by another’s negligence may be classified as personal injury. The team at Miskin Law has decades of experience working with a wide variety of cases, and we’re glad to help our clients get the compensation they deserve. Here’s a brief overview of our specialties:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Car accidents are all too common. Many times, they occur because of another person’s negligence. If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident, talk to us about filing an Accident Benefits claim or tort claim.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are more likely to be severely injured in an accident compared with the drivers of other vehicles. We work with accident victims, helping them file a tort claim and gain compensation.
- Bicycle Accidents: Have you been hurt in a bicycle accident? Our law firm serves victims who have been seriously injured on the road.
- Boating Accidents: Canada is home to 60% of the world’s lakes. Unfortunately, this also means boat accidents are commonplace. Allow us to represent you after a boating accident caused by another’s negligence.
- Slips & Falls: Slips and falls are among the leading causes of personal injury. Consult with a member of our team, and let us know the details of your accident. You may have a case for compensation.
- Dog Bites & Attacks: Dog owners are responsible for keeping their pets under control. If you’ve been bitten or attacked by a dog, you may have a viable claim.
- Nursing Home Negligence & Abuse: If you have a loved one who can no longer live independently, you know how stressful worrying about their wellbeing can be. Nursing facilities are often the only solution. But sometimes, nursing homes are rife with abuse. Talk to our team about filing a claim involving nursing home negligence.
- Defective Products: Manufacturers are responsible for making sure their products are safe for consumer use. However, defective products are a common cause of personal injury. If you’ve been hurt because of a dangerous product, we may be able to help.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Brain and spinal cord injuries often leave lasting impacts on victims’ lives. Because these injuries are so severe and costly, it’s important to seek compensation whenever possible. Contact Miskin Law if your loved one’s spinal cord injury occurred because of another’s negligence.
- Fatal Accidents: Wrongful death cases are about more than just monetary compensation—they also involve grief and other emotional trauma. Our team is here to help guide you through a fatal accident claim with compassion and integrity.
You Could Be Entitled to Compensation
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be entitled to compensation. Our personal injury lawyers in Toronto will work with you to determine whether you have a feasible case. In Ontario, compensation is typically classified as pecuniary or non-pecuniary. Pecuniary damages encompass the economic costs of an injury, including loss of income, hospital bills, and other quantifiable losses. Non-pecuniary damages, on the other hand, are more general non-economic losses. This includes abstract concepts like pain and suffering. Our team can help you sue for these common types of damages:
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Physical therapy and costs of living with a disability
- Property damage
- Loss of quality of life, opportunity, or consortium
Don’t Take on a Personal Injury Claim Alone
Navigating the Canadian legal system is complex, and that’s an understatement. Fortunately, our personal injury lawyers are here to help. We’ll ensure you don’t have to take on a claim alone. At Miskin Law, we have decades of expertise, and our team will help you expertly maneuver the intricacies of personal injury law. We’ve seen it all, and we’re glad to use our experience to make recovery easier. Consult with us today.
223 Kent St W, Lindsay, ON K9V 2Z1, Canada
351 Charlotte St, Peterborough, ON K9J 2W1, Canada
223 Brock St N, Whitby, ON L1N 4H6, Canada