Personal Injury > Motor Vehicle Accident

Your Road to Recovery Starts Here | Car Accident Lawyers 

We Service all of Southern Ontario

There are an increasing number of auto collisions occurring on the roads each year in Canada. From minor accidents that can cause some form of personal injury to major accidents that can cause serious injury, and worse–death, it is no doubt that driving has become an increasingly dangerous mode of transportation, and does not come without risk. If you have been involved in an auto collision, contact the accident lawyers in Peterborough at Miskin Law for assistance. We have been acting for people who have been injured in automobile accidents in Ontario for over 35 years.

No-Fault Accident Benefits in Canada

Car insurance is mandatory for all drivers in Canada. You do not have to reside in the same province where your accident happened to be compensated for medical care/treatment expenses and loss of income of up to four hundred dollars, as long as you are a licensed driver with car insurance. No-fault insurance covers these expenses for drivers of cars, motorcycles and trucks in every province and territory. What’s more, you do not need to hire a car accident lawyer to claim no-fault benefits with your insurance company.

When Your Claim Needs an Accident Lawyer

Does your car accident claim go beyond the standard no-fault claim? If your car accident was serious and you experienced pain, suffering, lost income and other losses, you will generally need the help of an experienced car accident lawyer to help you file a claim against the at-fault drivers’ insurance company. You can even do this for your own vehicle where you are not the driver involved in the accident. Filing a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance can be complicated. There are several barriers and restrictions in place, but if you have a serious injury, you deserve to be compensated for your physical and financial losses, which can last for years. That’s where Miskin Law comes in. Our accident lawyers in Peterborough are here to help you.

It is important to note that if you are convicted of drunk driving, dangerous operation of a vehicle, or criminal charges, you may find your insurance contract to be void. This rule applies to all motorized vehicles.

How to Make an Auto Accident Claim

If you were injured in an automobile accident, you are required to make a claim for accident benefits within seven days from the date of the accident. Claim forms must be submitted with the insurance company within 30 days of the accident. You are also supposed to notify the other driver in the accident of your intention to file a claim within 120 days from the date of the accident, and you have two years to file a lawsuit. Sometimes there are exceptions to these rules. Our experienced car accident lawyers in Peterborough understand the law and will know how to navigate your case accordingly. We will also handle all the complicated paperwork involving your claim so you can focus on healing.

Contact our team at Miskin Law today. Your first consultation is free and there is no obligation.

Contact Our Team
Copyright Miskin Law Offices 2019 - Legal
Created by

Legal notice